- 1 onion, medium
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, (300g)
- 1 tsp oil, neutral tasting, to suit your diet
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, (e.g. Sri Lankan roasted curry powder or medium Madras)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, (400g)
- 600 grams vegetable stock, (600ml, chicken stock is fine too)
- 2 tsp Lemon juice or vinegar, (to suit your diet)
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- to taste salt
- Roast the cumin seeds in the bowl, 3 minutes / Varoma / Speed 1 until fragrant, then remove.
- Peel the onion and sweet potatoes, and chop into large chunks along with the celery. Chop in the Thermomix with the oil 6 seconds/Speed 5 until finely chopped.
- Scrape down the sides of the TM with a spatula, then soften for 5 minutes/100C/Speed 1. Add the curry powder and cook for a further 2 minutes/100C/Speed 1.
- Add the hot stock, tomatoes and vinegar (or lemon juice) and cook for 12 minutes/100C/Speed 2.
- Puree for 1 minute/100C/Speed 9 (or longer) until smooth. Taste, and add salt as necessary. Add the majority of the cumin seeds, stir in quickly (with the spatula or put on 10 seconds/Speed 2)and serve with the rest of the toasted cumin seeds sprinkled on top. If you're not counting calories, serve with crusty bread, or warmed Indian flatbreads. 141 calories per serving.