This dish is sooooo good, you won’t believe it!
It’s a snap to prepare and the result looks very invested… No body will know you used Coke as the main ingredient.
Great to serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
skinless chicken legs (Fresh – 340 grams each)
cups Coca-Cola (1 litter, NOT Diet!)
g onion soup mix (6 full Tbs)
- Preheat oven to 430°F.
- Place chicken quarters in oven pan facing down. (If there was skin, it would have been on bottom).
- Pour Coke on chicken quarters.
- Evenly spread onion soup powder.
- Cover and seal with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Take pan out and uncover aluminum foil — Careful! steam is very hot.
- Flip over chicken quarters.
- Put back into oven (without aluminum foil) for additional 10-15 minutes until chicken is nicely brown as desired.
- Occasionally wet chicken quarters with the fluids in the pan.
- Arrange chicken quarters on a serving dish.
- Pour fluids into small pot and bring to a light gentle boil.
- In the meantime, mix and dissolve corn starch in one cup of tub water, and gradually add to the fluids in the pot. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Keep stirring the bubbly gravy on medium heat for additional 3-5 minutes until thickens.
- Pour some of the gravy to a serving gravy boat, and spread the rest all over ready to serve chicken quarters.