From Women’s World magazine Feb 2009. Although this is listed as a Diet soup, it is really delicious and I would eat it any time!
READY IN: 45mins
SERVES: olive oil, preferably extra virgin
onions, large white chopped or sliced
lbs chicken, boneless skinless diced
carrot, large finely chopped
jalapeno pepper, minced with seeds
cups baby spinach leaves, packed
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over med. heat. Add onions and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through and onions are lightly browned), stirring occasionally.
- Add carrot, garlic, jalapeno and thyme or oregano. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil. Add beans, spinach and tomato. Bring back to a boil.
- Turn off the heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 T parmesan cheese. If desired add a squirt of lemon.
- NOTES: To finely chop carrot, I coursely chop, put in a blender, add water to cover, then blend until carrots are desired consistency. Then drain and use in recipe. If you want to keep some of the nutrients, measure the water, and then subtract that amount of liquid from the broth. I also added the spinach when I add the carrot, garlic & jalapeno so it gets cooked more.